Print Our Helpful Checklist to Follow Along with Your Home Maintenance Program Manager!
When you sign up for a home maintenance program with EncompassOne Home Solutions, you receive twice-per-year maintenance visits from a home maintenance expert. Our knowledgeable team member who is assigned to you will go through our extensive checklist to ensure all aspects of your home are in good condition and working order.
If you’re low on energy, losing your strength, or just too busy to maintain your home, our program allows you to keep living in the place you love! Our valued clients find owning a home to be much less stressful when they know they can count on EncompassOne Home Solutions to perform necessary inspections and home repairs for them.
Let’s take a look at what our home maintenance program covers. You can follow along with our technician when they visit your home, or simply read through this list so you know exactly what they’re up to when they’re working for you.
Appliance Maintenance To-Do List
Your home appliances can be costly to repair and replace, which is why preventative maintenance is so important to extend their useful lives and ultimately save you money.
Our home maintenance tech will:
- Clean lint from the interior of your clothes dryer, reaching beyond the lint filter.
- Inspect your washing machine hose connections and tightening them when necessary, which prevents leaks, water damage, and mold growth.
- Clean your dishwasher’s filter. This dishwasher part collects debris from your dishes; a full filter means your dishes don’t get clean!
- Clean behind your refrigerator and inspect the water line connection. It’s not easy to move a large appliance like a refrigerator, especially if you’re alone. We’ll remove any debris and make sure your water line is firmly connected, too.
- Inspect and disinfect your garbage disposal. This area under your sink can get quite dirty; keep it clean to reduce build-up and help it run properly.
Plumbing Maintenance Reduces the Need for Home Repairs
A water leak in your home can spell disaster, especially if it goes unnoticed for any amount of time. Regular maintenance of the plumbing fixtures and connections in your home prevents leaks and the major problems they can cause.
During your service visit, EncompassOne Home Solutions will:
- Clean all shower, bathtub, and sink drains, removing any debris that has collected there and preventing future clogs.
- Inspect visible plumbing for leaks and corrosion. An expert eye can spot problematic areas early on!
- Tune up and inspect all your toilets. This will keep them flushing smoothly and reduce the chance your toilet will continually “run.”
- Clean the aerators or screens on all shower heads and sink faucets, so water runs smoothly and doesn’t spray out.
- Service and inspect your water heater. We’ll make sure you don’t have any leaks and that it’s working how it should, so you can enjoy warm showers whenever you want.
- Service and inspect your sump pump. If you have one, we’ll make sure your sump pump is working properly and keeps water out of your basement.
- Check for leaks on all gas appliances and plumbing fixtures. A gas leak is possibly more disastrous than a water leak. Let us help you keep you safe in your own home.
- Service your thermal expansion tank. This is part of your hot water heating system, and very important for maintaining water pressure from your faucets.
- Check your water pressure and pressure relief valve (PRV). This inspection ensures your water heater works properly, and that it maintains proper hot water pressure, too.
Electrical Maintenance Included in Your Home Maintenance Program
Here’s an obvious statement: modern homes require electricity. Properly maintaining the electrical components of your home is important for your safety.
Twice per year, our service technician will:
- Inspect all your light switches and electrical outlets, ensuring they’re tight and working properly.
- Change all smoke detector batteries. It can be hard to reach smoke detectors by yourself, so we’ll make sure yours are working properly.
- Inspect the GFCI outlets in your bathrooms and kitchen. These are the outlets that are close to water sources.
Door and Hardware Maintenance Tasks
Squeaky or sticky doors are annoying at best. EncompassOne Home Solution keeps them working smoothly by:
- Lubricating your door hinges and hardware, and making adjustments to them to ensure proper function. If your doors won’t latch, or are hard to open, we’ll take care of the problem while we’re there.
- Adjust and lubricate all kitchen cabinet and vanity hinges and drawer hardware, so you’re able to access all your cabinets and small storage areas of your home to get to what you need.
- Tighten toilet paper holders, towel bars, and more, so they aren’t loose on the wall.
Heating and Cooling Home Maintenance To-Do List
Your home should be comfortable no matter what kind of weather we’re experiencing here in Lenexa, Kansas, and surrounding areas. We’ll take care of every heating and cooling system component in your home, including:
- Wiping down and cleaning all ceiling fan blades. Doing so helps to reduce dust and allergens in your home, and can even help keep your ceiling cleaner.
- Clean your bathroom ventilation fans. These help remove moisture from your bathrooms to prevent damage to your drywall and plaster.
- Clean your air returns and supply grilles. These covers can cause dust build-up in areas of your home, especially if your blower on your HVAC system is running.
- Clean and inspect your gas-insert fireplace. When winter comes, you’ll be toasty! (Unfortunately, we do not clean chimneys, but we can help you find a reputable company who does.)
Pest and Damage Control
Your home is your castle. Ensure you aren’t being invaded and that it’s sturdy and steadfast!
EncompassOne Home Solutions will:
- Visually inspect your foundation for signs of settling. Spotting problems early on can help prevent the need of major foundation repairs in the future.
- Inspect for termites and other wood-boring insects. We can help you quickly catch an infestation as it starts so you can take action to protect your home. (And we can help with that, too!)
- Check for water leaks. Your roof and hidden plumbing can leak into your home, prompting mold growth or other damage.
- Inspect your radon mitigation system, if you have one.
- Inspect any visible wood framing. If your basement is unfinished especially, we can watch for signs of wood damage.
Tracking The Age of Your Home Appliances and Components
EncompassOne Home Solutions references industry-standard replacement intervals to track the age of your equipment in your home. This enables us to inform you of when they’re nearing the end of their useful lives and may need replacing.
Tracking the age of your equipment allows you to better plan for upgrades and repairs, especially those that are more costly. We’ll track your:
- Sump pump, which lasts for about five years.
- Expansion tanks, which may need replacing every seven years.
- Smoke detectors, which you must replace at least every 10 years.
- Pressure release valve (PRV) on your hot water heater, which may need replacing every seven years.
- Radon mitigation fan, if you have one. These may need replacing every 10 years.
In addition, we’ll monitor the condition of other major home systems, like your air conditioner, heater, hot water tank, and more.
Meet Our Top-Notch Home Repairs and Maintenance Company Today!
If you’ve been looking for a service provider for home maintenance near you, and you’re just not satisfied with who you’re finding, or if you’re wary of hiring random handymen and inviting them into your home, give EncompassOne Home Solutions a try this year.
A home maintenance service company, we work with area homeowners to ensure their houses remain functional and safe, even when they aren’t able to perform the tasks themselves anymore.
When you hire us, you are able to dedicate your time to activities you enjoy; skip the hassle of calling multiple companies to get the help you need; remain in your home longer and avoid transitioning to independent living communities; reduce future home repair costs; and reduce insurance claims because of major issues.
Contact us today to speak to a home manager, by calling 913-210-2293.